This bug was fixed in the package linux-aws - 5.4.0-1020.20

---------------
linux-aws (5.4.0-1020.20) focal; urgency=medium

  * focal/linux-aws: 5.4.0-1020.20 -proposed tracker (LP: #1887058)

  [ Ubuntu: 5.4.0-42.46 ]

  * focal/linux: 5.4.0-42.46 -proposed tracker (LP: #1887069)
  * linux 4.15.0-109-generic network DoS regression vs -108 (LP: #1886668)
    - SAUCE: Revert "netprio_cgroup: Fix unlimited memory leak of v2 cgroups"

linux-aws (5.4.0-1019.19) focal; urgency=medium

  * focal/linux-aws: 5.4.0-1019.19 -proposed tracker (LP: #1885843)

  [ Ubuntu: 5.4.0-41.45 ]

  * focal/linux: 5.4.0-41.45 -proposed tracker (LP: #1885855)
  * Packaging resync (LP: #1786013)
    - update dkms package versions
  * CVE-2019-19642
    - kernel/relay.c: handle alloc_percpu returning NULL in relay_open
  * CVE-2019-16089
    - SAUCE: nbd_genl_status: null check for nla_nest_start
  * CVE-2020-11935
    - aufs: do not call i_readcount_inc()
  * ip_defrag.sh in net from ubuntu_kernel_selftests failed with 5.0 / 5.3 / 5.4
    kernel (LP: #1826848)
    - selftests: net: ip_defrag: ignore EPERM
  * Update lockdown patches (LP: #1884159)
    - SAUCE: acpi: disallow loading configfs acpi tables when locked down
  * seccomp_bpf fails on powerpc (LP: #1885757)
    - SAUCE: selftests/seccomp: fix ptrace tests on powerpc
  * Introduce the new NVIDIA 418-server and 440-server series, and update the
    current NVIDIA drivers (LP: #1881137)
    - [packaging] add signed modules for the 418-server and the 440-server
      flavours

 -- Khalid Elmously <khalid.elmou...@canonical.com>  Fri, 10 Jul 2020
01:33:58 -0400

** Changed in: linux-aws (Ubuntu)

** CVE added: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2019-16089

** CVE added: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2019-19642

** CVE added: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2020-11935

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-aws in Ubuntu.

  linux-aws: Xen / hibernation: xen-netfront panic + resume hangs

Status in linux-aws package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-aws source package in Eoan:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-aws source package in Focal:

  During our AWS testing we were able to trigger some hibernation
  failures in some Xen instance types.

  One problem is a kernel panic in the resume callback of the xen-
  netfront driver. A workaround to this problem is to compile the driver
  as a module and reload it at resume (we were already doing this reload
  with the bionic kernel that had this driver compiled as a module, but
  for some reasons eoan and focal had this statically compiled).

  Other issues were showing up as hangs on resume, these seem to be prevented
by using the new Xen/hibernation patch set posted by Anchal to the LKML:
  https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/cover.1589926004.git.ancha...@amazon.com/

  This new patch set is still being reviewed, but according to our tests
  it really seems to fix some of these hangs on resume.

  In addition to that we can improve hibernation reliability and
  performance even more by applying the updated swapoff optimization
  patch (that has been merged upstream).

  [Test case]

  Create a Xen instance in AWS, hibernate/resume multiple times.

  [Fix]

  The following set of fixes can be used to improve hibernation performance and
reliability:
   - new Xen/hibernation patch set from the LKML (see link above)
   - config change to compile xen-netfront as a module
   - new swapoff optimization patch

  [Regression potential]

  The xen-netfront config change and the new swapoff optimization patch
  are pretty safe (one is a config change that affects only the xen-
  netfront driver, the other is a clean cherry-pick of an upstream
  commit).

  The new Xen/hibernation update is pretty big and the new patches are
  still under review, however according to our tests it really seems to
  fix some of the hang issues (it definitely makes things better).
  Moreover, all the changes are affecting Xen and they are restricted to
  the hibernation/resume code paths, so, in conclusion, the overall
  regression potential is minimal.

  [See also]

  NOTE: the fix mentioned in LP: #1879711 (disable CONFIG_DMA_CMA) was
  also applied during our tests and it is also required to make
  hibernation stable in Xen.