Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? Refer to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . Please test the latest kernel
[0].

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following tag
'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag:
'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as
"Confirmed”, and attach dmesg.

Thanks in advance.

[0]: https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

  Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 [168c:0042] Subsystem [1a3b:2231] network-
  manager crashes: "NetworkManager needs to be running"

  Hi. Sometimes network-manager crashes and I can't connect to any
  network. Restarting the network manager service via terminal hangs and
  even restarting the OS hangs and I have to force shutdown via power
  button.

  When I open settings > Wi-Fi it says: "Oops, something has gone wrong.
  Please contact your software vendor. NetworkManager needs to be
  running".

  I'm not facing the problem right now as I just restarted my laptop so
  if there's any information that I need to gather while this problem is
  happening, let me know. Thanks.

  Package: network-manager 1.22.10-1ubuntu2.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-42.46-lowlatency 5.4.44
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-42-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Jul 23 14:07:57 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.1.1 dev wlp2s0 proto dhcp metric 20600
   169.254.0.0/16 dev wlp2s0 scope link metric 1000
   192.168.1.0/24 dev wlp2s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.36 metric 600
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE          TYPE      STATE         IP4-CONNECTIVITY  IP6-CONNECTIVITY
DBUS-PATH                                  CONNECTION     CON-UUID
                CON-PATH
   wlp2s0          wifi      connected     limited           limited
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/2  neverlookaway
7b44595b-b6bc-4add-9873-a7af7393c65d
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/1
   p2p-dev-wlp2s0  wifi-p2p  disconnected  none              none
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/3  --             --
                --
   lo              loopback  unmanaged     unknown           unknown
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1  --             --