** Changed in: ubuntu-kernel-tests

  Do not treat unresolved test case in ftrace from
  ubuntu_kernel_selftests as failure

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Focal:

  == SRU Justification ==
  There are some test cases in ftrace from ubuntu_kernel_selftests that
  would need some kernel configs to be enabled or have some special HW
  requirements:
    * https://pad.lv/1869347 - missing CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_PRINTK=m
    * https://pad.lv/1869349 - missing CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_PRINTK=m
    * https://pad.lv/1874198 - nproc > 1

  If the requirement was not met, these test will fail with "unresolved"
  and return 1. So even these is no failed test case, the ftrace test
  will still be marked as "failed" with the presence of unresolved test:
      # # of passed:  28
      # # of failed:  0
      # # of unresolved:  1
      # # of untested:  0
      # # of unsupported:  58
      # # of xfailed:  0
      # # of undefined(test bug):  0
      not ok 1 selftests: ftrace: ftracetest # exit=1

  == Fix ==
  * b730d668138c ("ftrace/selftest: make unresolved cases cause failure if
--fail-unresolved set")

  This patch will only make unresolved test case return 1 if we ask it
  to fail with unresolved test case.

  It can be cherry-picked to kernels starting from Disco.
  For Bionic and Xenial it needs to be backported with some context
  adjustment as they're missing some other patches to the testing tool.

  == Test ==
  With the patch applied, the ftrace test will not be marked as failed
  with the presence of unresolved test case:
      # # of passed:  28
      # # of failed:  0
      # # of unresolved:  1
      # # of untested:  0
      # # of unsupported:  58
      # # of xfailed:  0
      # # of undefined(test bug):  0
      ok 1 selftests: ftrace: ftracetest

  == Regression Potential ==
  Low, changes limited to testing tools, no actual impacts to our kernels.

  The worst case is to cause false negative in test reports, but in that
  case it's probably a test case issue since a failed case should be
  treated as a failed one, instead of unresolved.

  == Original Bug Report ==
  There are some test cases in ftrace from ubuntu_kernel_selftests that would
need some kernel configs to be enabled.

  bug 1869347
  bug 1869349

  We should not treat unresolved test case as a failure, as it's
  expected to fail with no correlated configs enabeled.

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/b730d668138cb3dd9ce78f8003986d1adae5523a
  #diff-33d74da785cbc5da20f71eb1af106d68