** Description changed:

- This is for tracking purpose.
+ This issue was introduced by #1872916 ("Support Intel Soundwire
+ in 5.6-OEM Kernel 20.04"), so focal and groovy kernels don't need
+ this fix.
+
+ [Impact]
+ We found the sof driver instead of hda driver is enabled on a dell
+ machine without soundwire and dmic. This will make gnome show dummy
+ output and users have no audio device to use.
+
+ [Fix]
+ When we integrated fix for #1872916, we backported 2 patches, these
+ 2 patches enable the sof driver unconditionally for Dell comet lake
+ machines. There is an upstream patch to fix it, let the sof driver
+ enable conditionally on comet lake machines.
+
+ [Test Case]
+ Boot the kernel with this patch on that dell machine, check the
+ gnome-control-center, all audio devices exist, playback and recording
+ work well.
+
+ [Regression Risk]
+ On the Dell comet lake machines with dmic, the sof driver should
+ enable. Without this patch, the sof driver will enable unconditionally,
+ but with this patch, the sof driver will enable conditionally, so it
+ is possible to introduce a regression that on Dell comet machines,
+ the sof driver doesn't enable even the machine has dmic.
+
+ I have tested this patch on a Dell comet lake dmic machines, it worked
+ well.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.6 in Ubuntu.

  alsa: should not load sof driver if the internal mic connects to the
  codec

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux-oem-5.6 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.6 source package in Focal:
  In Progress

Bug description: