Public bug reported:

I was trying to run minidlna in docker on a kvm VM built using the
minimal image, and it wasn't working properly; eventually I tracked this
down to the lack of ipv4 multicast support in the kvm kernel rendering
it unable to join the SSDP multicast group (239.255.255.250). Replacing
the kernel with the generic one solved the problem (which was itself non
trivial because of https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-
azure/+bug/1870189 causing the system not to load the initramfs needed
by the generic kernel).

Does the kernel multicast code really need to be removed for the kvm
kernel?

** Affects: linux-kvm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-kvm in Ubuntu.

  On the kvm kernel, CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set which breaks some
  apps

Status in linux-kvm package in Ubuntu: