------- Comment From hegdevas...@in.ibm.com 2020-09-02 04:58 EDT-------
> Looks like the patch 90a9b102eddf "powerpc/pseries: Do not initiate shutdown
> when system is running on UPS" got upstream accepted with v5.9-rc2,
> but it's already integrated in groovy's kernel 5.8 (Ubuntu-5.8.0-18.19) via
> the v5.8.4 upstream stable release ticket LP 1893048.
> Hence SRUs are needed to get it to focal, bionic and xenial (the patch is
> very small and limited, just one line, so I think it'll apply to all these
> Ubuntu kernels).

Thank you.

-Vasant

  [Regression] Do not initiate shutdown for EPOW_SHUTDOWN_ON_UPS event

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  New
Status in linux source package in Groovy:

  == Comment: #0 - VASANT HEGDE <hegdevas...@in.ibm.com> - 2020-09-02 01:00:25
==
  --Problem Description---
  Do not initiate shutdown for EPOW_SHUTDOWN_ON_UPS event. Instead wait for
predefined time before initiating shtudown.

  Contact Information = Vasant hegde <hegdevas...@linux.vnet.ibm.com?

  ---uname output---
  Ubuntu 16.04

  Machine Type = All Power System

  Upstream commit :
  commit 90a9b102eddf6a3f987d15f4454e26a2532c1c98
  Author: Vasant Hegde <hegdevas...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
  Date:   Thu Aug 20 11:48:44 2020 +0530

      powerpc/pseries: Do not initiate shutdown when system is running on UPS

  Note that I have requested this fix for upstream v4.4 stable tree.
  This will hit stable tree soon.

  This is impacting all kernel after v4.0.  This is critical fix. Hence
  I'd like to request to backport to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS release.

  -Vasant