This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
focal' to 'verification-done-focal'. If the problem still exists, change
the tag 'verification-needed-focal' to 'verification-failed-focal'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-focal

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.6 in Ubuntu.

  [SRU]alsa: add Dell tgl soundwire machines support

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux-oem-5.6 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.6 source package in Focal:

  This fix is only for oem-5.6 kernel, the groovy 5.8 kernel doesn't
  support soundwire audio at all, Intel said the linux-5.10 kernel
  will have a good support for soundwire audio, so this SRU is
  meaningless for groovy 5.8 kernel.

  [Impact]
  We enabled a new Dell TGL machine, the audio on this machine doesn't
  work, the codec on this machine is soundwire bus connnected.

  [Fix]
  With Intel's help, we need to backport some patches from upstream
  kernel and linux-next kernel.

  [Test Case]
  Boot the kernel, check with dmesg and aplay -l/arecord -l, the audio
  card registered and speaker, headphone, mic and internal mic all
  registered and worked.

  [Regression Risk]
  This could make the Dell cml soundwire audio fail to work or make
  some sof dmic machines fail to work, but this possibility is very low,
  we have tested this patchset on Dell cml soundwire audio machines and
  some hp and lenovo dmic machines.