** Changed in: linux-oem-5.6 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: hwe-next

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.6 in Ubuntu.

  alsa/hda: mic doesn't work on a HP AIO machine

Status in HWE Next:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-5.6 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-5.6 source package in Focal:

  This fix is only for oem-5.6 kernel, other kernels will merge this
  patch with stable update. Our oem project needs this patch to be merged
  ASAP, and I am going to have a 8 days public holiday, so sent this SRU.

  [Impact]
  We had a HP AIO machine, after plugging the headset and trying
  to record sound from Mic, but can't record any sound.

  [Fix]
  Set the auto detect mode for Mic, this patch is going to be merged
  by upstream, now backport it to oem-5.6 kernel.

  [Test Case]
  Boot the system, plug a headset and check the gnome-control-center,
  the Mic is active in the UI, and record the sound, it could record
  the sound.

  [Regression Risk]
  This patch could introduce audio jack detection problem on this HP
  machine, but the possibility is very low, since we have tested it
  on 3 SKUs of this machine, all worked well. And this patch only affects
  this HP machine since it specifies the subsystem id of this machine.