   libcpupower.so is not installed from linux-tools

  gkrellm2-cpufreq depends on libcpupower-dev produced by Debian kernel

Status in cpufreqd package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gkrellm2-cpufreq package in Ubuntu:

  I don't know how important that is as gkrellm2-cpufreq itself is scheduled
for removal.
  But I wanted to make sure that it is known that the Debian kernel produces
"libcpupower-dev" which isn't available in Ubuntu and thereby blocking various
things in proposed.

  root@d10-sid:~# apt-cache show libcpupower-dev
  Package: libcpupower-dev
  Source: linux
  Version: 5.7.10-1
  Installed-Size: 169
  Maintainer: Debian Kernel Team <debian-ker...@lists.debian.org>
  Architecture: amd64
  Replaces: libcpufreq-dev
  Provides: libcpufreq-dev
  Depends: libcpupower1 (= 5.7.10-1)
  Conflicts: libcpufreq-dev
  Description-en: CPU frequency and voltage scaling tools for Linux
(development files)
   libcpupower is a library for inspecting and controlling cpufreq and
   cpuidle tunables.
   .
   This package is needed to compile programs against libcpupower.

  gkrellm2-cpufreq will most likely be removed from goovy as it makes no sense
without that build-dep.
  Never the less the kernel Team could evaluate if providing "libcpupower-dev"
makes sense for Ubuntu.