@rivpelle
There are quite a lot of Audio-fixes in Kernel 5.4.0-59-generic which is coming
to 20.04LTS imminently, changelog here:-

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vdw94dvHTy/

Additionally, it seems from focal-proposed packages,  linux-generic-
hwe-20.04  is about to cause install of 5.8.0-34-generic, on LTS ubuntu
20.04 -- i.e. support installing 5.8 kernel for hwe (new hardware
enablement).

Ideally, when 20.04.2 ubuntu image comes out next month, you can test
booting this on your system (from DVD or USB etc, no need to install)
and confirm the issue is fixed and then close the bug-report.

Note your 20.10 will need to be updated to 21.04 and then 21.10 then
22.04  to remain supported (or, you may choose to re-install 20.04.2 at
some point).

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed in Ubuntu.

  Latest kernel update to "5.4.0-53-generic" = Internal audio, USB
  webcam no longer working

Status in linux-signed package in Ubuntu:

  This seems to be a persistent problem that has been around a few
  kernel versions earlier (see i.e.:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed/+bug/1881757 ).

  After yesterday's apt update to 5.4.0-53-generic (amd64), my USB
  webcam (Logitech c930) as well as my internal audio (Intel HDA)
  stopped working altogether. All I get is a dummy audio output from the
  list of devices, and the webcam is not working either.

  I can still see my pre-existing audio devices with

  'lspci | grep Audio':
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High
Definition Audio (rev 05)
  01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP104 High Definition Audio
Controller (rev a1)

  'inxi -SA' reports this:
  Audio:
    Device-1: Intel 5 Series/3400 Series High Definition Audio driver: N/A
    Device-2: NVIDIA GP104 High Definition Audio driver: N/A
  (The #2 NVIDIA one being the video card's audio option, which I don't use,
but it's not listed as being available either.)

  However, i.e. 'pacmd -list-cards' says:
  0 card(s) available.

  There's been plenty of similar instances of this error in 20.04.x and
  it has been tried to have been solved in threads such as:

  #1 https://askubuntu.com/questions/1258510/only-dummy-output-sound-in-
  ubuntu-20-04-after-reboot-broken-driver-modul

  #2 https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/06/fix-no-sound-dummy-output-
  issue-in.html

  From #2, if I try:
  'lsmod | grep snd_hda_intel'

  (That displays no results at all.)

  However, this one does bring results:

  'lspci -nnk | grep -A2 Audio'
  00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 05)
        DeviceName: Intel(R) High Definition Audio Device
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High
Definition Audio [8086:0034]
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
  00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI
Express Root Port 1 [8086:3b42] (rev 05)
  --
  01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation GP104 High Definition Audio
Controller [10de:10f0] (rev a1)

  I've been trying all the available fixes at the forementioned url #2
  to no avail, and also been trying to revert them, to no avail.

  I've been trying to run ALSA's configuration and it seems that the
  ALSA modules are not loading.

  Also been trying out various fix proposals from people who've had the
  same issue, but no luck on that frontier. Anyway, now I'm stuck with
  no webcam, no audio. Any suggestions?

  Thanks.