Public bug reported:

CIFS team requested below patch to be backported (it was marked for
stable last month) to Ubuntu 18.04.

Patch:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/fs/cifs/transport.c?id=6988a619f5b79e4efadea6e19dcfe75fbcd350b5
"cifs: allow syscalls to be restarted in __smb_send_rqst()"

Since 6988a619f5b79e4efadea6e19dcfe75fbcd350b5 hasn't been picked up for
5.4.0-1031-azure (the current 18.04 kernel version for Azure image), I
would like make a request for backport.

Please let me know, if you have any questions.

** Affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu)

** Affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu Focal)

** Affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Also affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Also affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: linux-azure (Ubuntu Focal)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marcelo Cerri (mhcerri)

** Changed in: linux-azure (Ubuntu Groovy)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marcelo Cerri (mhcerri)

** Changed in: linux-azure (Ubuntu Focal)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-azure in Ubuntu.

  CIFS: Request for backport

Status in linux-azure package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-azure source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in linux-azure source package in Groovy: