If your laptop has an nvme drive in it, the kernel in Ubuntu 16.04 may
be too old to recognize it.

This is not something that will be fixed.  There are two newer LTS
releases of Ubuntu available if you need support for newer hardware in
the installer.

Regardless, hardware detection is a kernel function, not a ubiquity
function, so reassigning to the correct package.

** Package changed: ubiquity (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Cannot install Ubuntu 16.04 Alongside Pre-Installed Windows 10

  Hello.

  I am trying to install Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS from USB (which has been
  used successfully in the past) alongside pre-installed Windows 10 on a
  new Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 desktop.

  I expected that the install process would recognize the free partition
  created on the GPT disk, but it does not.

  I reviewed and followed the steps in this guide
  (https://askubuntu.com/questions/221835/how-do-i-install-ubuntu-
  alongside-a-pre-installed-windows-with-uefi) - no change.  I disabled
  Secure Boot in the BIOS - no change. The drive & partitions do not
  appear to be recognized by Ubuntu.

  As recommended in the guide, I am submitting this bug report.  Any
  assistance would be much appreciated! I only purchased this desktop to
  run Ubuntu, but would prefer to keep the Windows 10 partition usable
  in case I ever want to use it.

  Thanks!