Focal Testing completed by DellEMC

** Tags removed: verification-needed-focal
** Tags added: verification-done-focal

  [Ubuntu 21.04 FEAT] mpt3sas: Request to include the patch set which
  supports topology where zoning is enabled in expander

Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Groovy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:

  Request to include patch set "PATCH 00/14] mpt3sas: Add support for
  multi-port path topology" which will support the topologies where
  zoning is enabled in the expander as shown below,

          Zone 1             Zone 2
   |-----------------|   |----------------|
   |  HD1 ..... HD25 |   | HD26 ......HD50|
   | |==================================| |
   | |               |   |              | |
   | |              Expander            | |
   | |==================================| |
   |           |     |   |    |           |
   |-----------|-----|   |----|-----------|
             x8|              |x8
        _______|______________|_______
        |            HBA             |
        |____________________________|

  Current driver doesn't support this type of topology and will add only one
zoned drives to the OS. So to support these types of topology we need below
patch set in the driver.
  https://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=160226366707807&w=2

  So, requesting you include this patch for next upcoming Ubuntu kernel
  release.

  Currently we have posted this patch set to upstream community and they
  yet to review this patch set. Meanwhile If I get the base kernel
  source code for next upcoming Ubuntu kernel then I can prepare the
  patches over this base kernel source and share it in this BZ.

  Thanks,
  Sreekanth