Could we get some more logs of such an installation? Would be nice to get the
at least the ubiquity installer logs, maybe the list of packages on the system
too.
Not sure what went wrong here - is this a device that should get the OEM stuff
pulled in during installation? Since if that's the case, maybe something didn't
quite work which would explain why so many drivers are missing.

  Multiple issues on HP ZBook 15 G7 after installing 20.04.2 image

  I've installed the focal-desktop-amd64.iso image with SHA-256 sum
  b928163990d9e148605c230c5d3e7bc563bb67269d551f741abc804553f3477c from
  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/focal/daily-live/20210202.1/ on the HP ZBook
  15 G7 laptop (CID 202009-28216).

  There are multiple issues:

  * The graphical desktop isn't launched. The screen remains black except for a
cursor blinking erratically in the top left corner of the screen. If I hammer
Control+Alt+F[12345] for a while, the graphical desktop starts eventually.
  * The screen resolution is 3840x2160 but there is no scaling, so everything
is tiny.
  * The touchpad does not work.
  * WLAN does not work.
  * Ethernet does not work. I tried two dongles (a USB A as well as a USB C
dongle).
  * No sound.

  $ cat /proc/version_signature
  Ubuntu 5.8.0-41.46~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        20.04