** Description changed:

  nvidia-graphics-drivers-460

  [Impact]

   * To aid installer testing of the correct kernels with/without nvidia,
  it would be helpful to test nvidia driver installation in qemu VMs
  without actually needing nvidia hardware.

   * We already have `Modaliases: meta(dmi:*:pnUBUNTUQEMUTEST:*)` to test
  installs with oem-qemu-meta (aka certified install)

   * It would be useful to add nvidia modalias of
  `dmi:*:pvrUBUNTUNVIDIATEST:*` to nvidia-graphics-drivers-460

   * This way we will be able to test generic with/without nvidia; and oem
  with/without nvidia. By combinding pn & pvr dmi modaliases.

  [Test Case]

-  * Setup ubuntu qemu libvirt vm with dmi sysinfo setting product version
- to UBUNTUNVIDIATEST
+  * Setup ubuntu qemu libvirt vm with dmi sysinfo setting product version to
UBUNTUNVIDIATEST
+ I.e.
+ <sysinfo type="smbios">
+   <system>
+       <entry name="version">UBUNTUNVIDIATEST</entry>
+   </system>
+ </sysinfo>
+ <os>
+   ...
+   <smbios mode="sysinfo"/>
+ </os>

   * Boot and execute ubuntu-drivers list

   * Observe that nvidia drivers show up as options.

  [Where problems could occur]

   * Additional mod alias will be exposed in the package metadata, and
  whilst it will be installed it will not be loaded. It is purely an
  installer test interface.

** Patch added: "testing-modalias.patch"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-460/+bug/1915145/+attachment/5462268/+files/testing-modalias.patch

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 (Ubuntu Hirsute)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 in Ubuntu.

  add modalias for testing

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 source package in Focal:
  New
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-460 source package in Hirsute: