This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1663841

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: yakkety

  toggling CAPS LOCK off freezes computer

  From

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/5orvy5/late_2016_rbs_qhd_linux_damage_report/

  I'm having an issue on a Kaby Lake based device, where toggling CAPS
  LOCK on works, but toggling it off crashes the machine.  The screen
  becomes glitched looking, and sometimes static plays over the
  speakers.

  Changing Desktop Environments and Window Managers does not change
  this. Dropping to a terminal via ctrl+alt+F1 seems to be unaffected. I
  thought this was an issue with X11 as per this
  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze), but if I ssh into
  the machine, it becomes unresponsive after the crash.

  Ask Ubuntu thread: http://askubuntu.com/q/873626/644072

  nick@nick-Blade-Stealth:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.10.0-rc7+
root=UUID=dc12ad20-3a6a-436d-96b1-cad68ca1bcef ro drm.debug=0xe plymouth:debug
i915.enable_rc6=0 button.lid_init_state=open
  nick@nick-Blade-Stealth:~$ cat /proc/version
  Linux version 4.10.0-rc7+ (nick@nick-Blade-Stealth) (gcc version 6.2.0
20161005 (Ubuntu 6.2.0-5ubuntu12) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 11 00:21:50 PST 2017
  nick@nick-Blade-Stealth:~$ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      16.10