Hi, Luiz.

Can you test if the same problem happens with the version in bionic-
proposed?

  Latest linux-generic package (kernel 4.15.0-136) doesn't work on
  HyperV Gen2 VM

  On Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 1&2 (so far tested), either when deploying a new
  VM (which pulls the latest linux-generic) or rebooting a VM (which
  updated the linux-generic under the cover which installs 4.15.0-136)
  will prevent the VM to boot.

  After reboot, will get stuck on /dev/sdX: clean, x / y files, k / m
  blocks.

  Using grub, selecting an older kernel, allow the VM to book without
  any issues.

  I manually installed kernel 4.15.0-135, however the issue doesn't
  repro.

  Finally I've verified that this repro on both Server 2016 and Server
  2019 versions of Windows...

  Output of /proc/version_signature (both on Server 2016/2019)
  Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18

  lspci -vnvn reported empty on this VM.