** Tags added: originate-from-1906747

  power off stress test will hang on the TGL machines

Status in HWE Next:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.10 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.10 source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Groovy:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Intel suggested that we do 2 actions to fix this problem, the 1st is
  merging 5 kernel patches, this only applies to H and OEM-5.10 since
  there is no tgl.c in the groovy kernel yet. the 2nd is change a kernel
  config, this change applies to H, G and OEM-5.10.

  https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/2781

  [Impact]
  When we run poweroff/on stress test on some lenovo TGL laptop, the
  system will randomly hang, and when this issue happens, the dmesg
  shows the sof audio driver fails.

  [Fix]
  Intel recommend that we backport 5 kernel patches and change a
  kernel config.

  [Test]
  After applying the changes, and test on TGL/cml/whl machines,
  the audio function works as good as before, and the poweroff stress
  test didn't hang anymore.

  [Where problems could occur]
  The kernel patches probably could introduce issues when system
  powre off or reboot on TGL machines, but this possibility is low
  since we have tested these patches on different TGL machines.

  the kernel option change could introduce power consumption
  regression, but it only affects power saving and package_cstate values
  when any capture stream is active, while no impact if all capture
  streams are inactive. that is to say, in theory it will not impact
  the power consumption in short idle or long idle. And I checked the
  system cound enter package_c10 after this change.