** Description changed:

  [Impact]

  In LP: #1918694 we applied a fix and a workaround to solve the
  hibernation issues on c5.18xlarge. The workaround was in the form of a
  SAUCE patch:

-   "UBUNTU: SAUCE: aws: kvm: double the size of hv_clock_boot"
+   "UBUNTU: SAUCE: aws: kvm: double the size of hv_clock_boot"

  It looks like we can replace this workaround with a proper fix, by applying
this patch:

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/87sg4t7vqy....@vitty.brq.redhat.com/T/#m7533e1d1e551bff425da029fd401bd87935edc33

  [Test plan]

  Create a c5.18xlarge instance, run the memory stress test script (the
  same test script that we are using to stress test hibernation), trigger
  the hibernate event, trigger the resume event. Repeat a couple of times
  and the problem is very likely to happen.

  [Fix]

+ Replace "UBUNTU: SAUCE: aws: kvm: double the size of hv_clock_boot"
+ with:
+

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/87sg4t7vqy....@vitty.brq.redhat.com/T/#m7533e1d1e551bff425da029fd401bd87935edc33

  The fix has been tested extensively in the AWS infrastructure with
  positive results.

  [Regression potential]

  This new code introduced by the fix can be executed also when a CPU is
  put offline, so we may see potential regressions in the KVM CPU
  hotplugging.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-aws in Ubuntu.

  aws: proper fix for c5.18xlarge hibernation issues

Status in linux-aws package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-aws source package in Focal: