I'm using Ubuntu 21.04 Beta and FreeBSD 13.0-RC5 now on my desktop and
backup server. I did check it and it works without any isue, even after
I changed the setting I used to force compatibility.

I already added this text to the bug report.

On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 13:24 +0000, Colin Ian King wrote:
> ZFS 2.0.x is now the default for Ubuntu Hirsute 21.04. If anyone
> would
> like to check that this is now compatible with BSD then that would be
> useful so we can close this issue.
>
> ** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  Lost compatibilty for backup between Ubuntu 19.10 and FreeBSD 12.0

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:

  After I tried to back-up my datapools from Ubuntu 19.10 to FreeBSD
  12.0 as I have done since June each week, I found out it did not work
  anymore. The regression occurred after I reinstalled Ubuntu on my new
  nvme drive. I also had to reorganize my own datapools/datasets,
  because they either moved to the nvme drive or they had to be located
  on 2 HDDs instead of 3. I had one datapool that still works, the
  datapool containing my archives and it is the datapool, that has NOT
  been reorganized. I tried for a whole long day to get the backup
  working again, but I failed. I compared the properties from datapool
  and dataset, but did not see any problem there. Only a lot of new
  features and properties not present before and not present in FreeBSD.
  I used FreeBSD, because I use for backup an old 32-bits Pentium.

  I have two complaints:
  - the Ubuntu upgrade did cost me the compatibility with FreeBSD. Open-ZFS? :(
  - the system transfers the dataset and at the end of a long transfer it
decides to quit and the error messages are completely useless and self
contradicting.

  On the first try it say the dataset does exist and on the second try it says
it does NOT exist. One of the two is completely wrong. Some consistency and
some clearer error messages would be helpful for the user.
  See the following set of strange set error messages on two tries:

  root@VM-Host-Ryzen:/home/bertadmin# /sbin/zfs send -c dpool/dummy@191130 |
ssh 192.168.1.100 zfs receive zroot/hp-data/dummy
  cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination 'zroot/hp-data/dummy' exists
  must specify -F to overwrite it
  root@VM-Host-Ryzen:/home/bertadmin# /sbin/zfs send -c dpool/dummy@191130 |
ssh 192.168.1.100 zfs receive -F zroot/hp-data/dummy
  cannot receive new filesystem stream: dataset does not exist

  A 2nd subset of my backup is stored on the laptop and that still
  works. I also compared the properties with those of my laptop, that
  still has its original datapools of begin of the year. I aligned the
  properties of FreeBSD with those of my laptop, but it did not help.

  I attach the properties of the datapool and dataset from both FreeBSD
  and Ubuntu.

  Package: zfsutils-linux 0.8.1-1ubuntu14.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME