** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Hirsute)

  Add l2tp.sh in net from ubuntu_kernel_selftests back

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
  In Progress
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.10 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-5.13 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-5.10 source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-5.13 source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Groovy:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-5.10 source package in Groovy:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-5.13 source package in Groovy:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-5.10 source package in Hirsute:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-5.13 source package in Hirsute:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Impish:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.10 source package in Impish:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-5.13 source package in Impish:

  We have this test disabled intentionally in the past because of the
  lack of commit 27d53323664c54 "l2tp: remove skb_dst_set() from
  l2tp_xmit_skb()" in our kernels.

  The way we disable it is to override the executable bit with our
  autotest-client-tests suite [1], but this makes the test suite
  complain about script is not executable. Henceforth we further
  disable it by removing it from the Makefile in the patch "UBUNTU:
  SAUCE: selftests/net -- disable timeout"

  Now with commit 27d53323664c54 landed and l2tp.sh test re-enabled in
  our test suite [2], we still need to revert that SAUCE patch to get
  it tested.

  [1]
https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/autotest-client-tests.git/commit/?id=05d7eebf32c6872ebce6c9e5275b1ff9d91ecd16
  [2]
https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/autotest-client-tests.git/commit/?id=7dea7776ce431e5a1c550dc73b1d9ac0ba49698d

  [Fix]
  Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: selftests/net -- disable timeout"

  This test only exists in our tree since Focal.

  [Test]
  Run the net test suite in kselftest with patched source tree:
    sudo make -C linux/tools/testing/selftests TARGETS=net run_tests

  The l2tp.sh test will be executed.

  [Where problems could occur]
  This is only for testing tools, however if commit 27d53323664c54 "l2tp:
  remove skb_dst_set() from l2tp_xmit_skb()" didn't land properly we
  might crash our testing node like in bug 1854968. Also, we might see
  new failures caused by this test in the test report.