I think anyone can just run `dmesg` and verify that the bug exists in all
recent Ubuntu kernels and in none of the vanilla or Debian kernels.
I don't know why the logs are important here.
I don't think there's any point in closing bugs just to lower the bug count
(which means nothing if the bugs are still there), instead of running a single
command to verify them.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags removed: needs-kernel-logs

  5-10 second delay in kernel boot

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  In Trusty I see a big delay while the kernel boots that I did not see back in
Precise.
  Some people have been experiencing this in Saucy too, so I don't know exactly
when it started happening.
  Excerpt from dmesg:
  [    3.740100] Switched to clocksource tsc
  [   14.208118] PM: Hibernation image not present or could not be loaded.
  [   14.208885] Freeing unused kernel memory: 864K (c19ac000 - c1a84000)

  The exact messages above don't matter, they are different on different boots
or on different machines.
  It even happens with e.g.
  $ sudo kvm -m 768 -cdrom trusty-desktop-i386.iso

  My current kernel is
  Linux server 3.12.0-7-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Sun Dec 8 23:42:09 UTC 2013 i686
i686 i686 GNU/Linux
  ...but the exact version, maybe from 3.8 to 3.12+, shouldn't matter, just run
`dmesg` yourself and check if there's a big delay there.