** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

  Potential reverts of 4.19.y stable changes in 18.04

Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  == SRU Justification ==

  Impact: While reviewing patches done as part of stable work there were
  two changes which came from linux-4.19.y and seemed not quite right
  for the 4.15 kernel version we have in 18.04/Bionic:

  2e1eb7b6e1e0 locking/mutex: clear MUTEX_FLAGS if wait_list is empty
  due to signal

  This change is only in 4.19y and not in 4.14.y despite it is implied
  that the breaking commit was already in 3.13. It also seems to pair up
  with a mode of mutex which only got added to 4.19. Although there were
  no reports yet, which could prove this wrong, it feels like we rather
  should not take this change without a case where the current code is
  reported to be wrong.

  6c0065eb69de drm/amd/amdgpu: fix refcount leak

  The driver in 4.15 does take refcounts the same way as 4.19 does. We
  are missing 37ac3dc00da0 ("drm/amdgpu: Use device specific BO size &
  stride check.") which changed that. So we really should revert this
  one.

  Testing: These are proactive reverts, so there is no real test that
  could be done. However this just moves back to a state which we had
  before. And for that state we had no bug reports.