** Attachment added: "I forgot to add the dmesg log, sorry"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-470/+bug/1939246/+attachment/5516692/+files/dmesg-hash-matches-nvidia.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-470 in Ubuntu.

  With the proprietary nvidia drivers, suspend fails if I try to suspend
  while the connected monitors are powered off

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-470 package in Ubuntu:

  As the title says, I'm unable to suspend if I have monitors connected
  which don't have power. I hit the suspend button (or run `pm-
  suspend`), and the computer just becomes unresponsive, stops reacting
  to input, shows nothing on the screen (if I turn the monitors on
  again), is unreachable through SSH, but the fans are still running,
  LEDs still glowing, and it can't be waken up by any other means than a
  force restart through cutting power or holding down the power button.

  I followed this guide to debug this problem:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend - the relevant part of
  the dmesg output is:

  [    0.756829] PM:   Magic number: 0:484:522
  [    0.756830] PM:   hash matches drivers/base/power/main.c:1598
  [    0.756849] pci 0000:07:00.0: hash matches

  That 0000:07:00.0 device is my nvidia GPU (a GTX 1080Ti).

  ---

  1. Which part of the process does the issue occur with, the suspend to
  ram, or resuming from?

  The issue seems to happen during suspend. I believe this because during a
normal
  suspend, the GPU's RGB LEDs will turn off while the machine is suspended,
  but when this issue occurs, the GPU's RGB LEDs stay on. (I knew those RGB LEDs
  would come in useful some day!)

  2. Please advise how you suspended specifically.

  While reproducing the issue for this bug report, I've been using `pm-suspend`.
  But it also happens when clicking the suspend button on my keyboard.

  3. Please advise how you resumed specifically.

  When this issue occurs, I can't resume. I hold the power button in until the
system
  powers off and then I boot as normal.

  ---

  I'm unable to respond to the points which require running the latest
  kernel, since the proprietary drivers don't seem to work on the latest
  kernel (or maybe they're running in some form of fallback mode? I see
  a 640x480 output on one of my monitors).

  And, as a final note, I'm sorry about this bug report. I know there's
  probably nothing anybody can do about a bug in the proprietary
  drivers. That sucks. I wish we didn't have to deal with bad
  proprietary graphics drivers anymore. But I figured it's better to
  report the issue than to not report it.

  Package: nvidia-driver-470 470.57.02-0ubuntu0.21.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME