** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Hirsute)

  External displays not working on Thinkpad T490 with ThinkPad
  Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Status in linux source package in Hirsute:

  I have two external displays chained via Display port connected to the
  ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

  They are working with kernel 5.8.0-63 but not with the new 5.11.0-25
  kernel.

  I could reproduce this behavior several times for both kernels, as
  follows: I booted up with disconnected dock, logged in, then I
  connected it, disconnected it, and connected it again.

  With the 5.11.0-25 kernel the external displays go black; the main
  screen turns off and on several times. Sometimes the main screen
  remains working, but UI is lagging.

  I'm attaching the logs. Two separate boots for each variant are marked
  'a'/'b'.

  SRU Justifications:
  ===============
  [Impact]
  External displays not working on Thinkpad T490 with ThinkPad Thunderbolt
  3 Dock

  [Fix]
  Some SKL systems DP output fails when AUX timeout of LTTPR detection.
  Disable the LTTPR detection until GLK to fix the link training.

  [Test]
  Verified on hardware, external DP work fine.
  Also tested on I+N GPU laptop and a iGPU only laptop, all displays with dock
are good.

  [Where problems could occur]
  It may break output of external DP.

  This patch from 5.12-rc5, only Hirsute kernel is SRUed.