I may be wrong here but I'd see things differently: when the binaries
get available, we won't be notified and people will start trying to
install it and it will fail since we decided not to make it available. A
few people will take the time to file a bug report, others will get
disappointed: this seems like a bad user experience to me whereas it
does not cost that much to enable.

But I'm quite new to this, so feel free to explain where I'm wrong :)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-settings in Ubuntu.

  Enable riscv64 build of nvidia-settings

Status in nvidia-settings package in Ubuntu:

  Please enable the build on riscv64 architecture of nvidia-settings
  since it works fine using the attached debdiff:
  https://launchpad.net/~alexghiti/+archive/ubuntu/riscv/+build/22050736