This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1943832

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Keyboard doesn't work on a "cold boot" with built-in "i8042 PC
  Keyboard controller" (ASUS UM425UA)

  ASUS UM425UA internal keyboard doesn't work on a "cold boot" (first
power-on). It activates only after restart.
  I noticed it when tried to boot live image of Ubuntu 20.04.3
  This problem probably appeared with kernel version 5.9 or 5.10 because with
Ubuntu 20.04.2 live image (Linux 5.8) keyboard loads fine. Tried kernel 5.14
and it's still affected.
  I tried to recompile kernels 5.11 & 5.13 with SERIO_I8042 set as a module (as
suggested in an Arch Linux bug report) and keyboard now works from the first
start.

  In "make config" the changes are:
  Device Drivers ->
    > Generic Driver Options -> [ ] Support for uevent #may slowdown boot,
needed only for U14.04
    > Input device support
       > Keyboards -> [M] AT keyboard
       > Hardware I/O ports -> [M] i8042 PC Keyboard controller

  It changed such lines in config:
  CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=m
  CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=m
  CONFIG_SERIO_LIBPS2=m