The Precise Pangolin has reached end of life, so this bug will not be
fixed for that release

** Changed in: linux-meta (Ubuntu Precise)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta in Ubuntu.

  Update Precise LBM to include v3.7 compat-wireless stack

Status in linux-backports-modules-3.2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-backports-modules-3.2.0 source package in Precise:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-meta source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  == Precise SRU Justification ==
  We currently provide updated compat-wireless stacks for Precise via LBM.
  This gives users access to updated or newer wireless drivers while
  remaining under the umbrella of the LTS release.  The v3.7 compat wireless
  stack is now available. We should provide this in LBM for Precise.

  ==Fix ==
  The following branch contains patches to add the compat-wireless v3.7 stack:

    git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ogasawara/ubuntu-precise-lbm.git lp1165084

  This is based on the following:

  linux-stable:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git v3.7.9
  compat: https://github.com/mcgrof/compat.git compat-v3.7.9-1
  compat-drivers: git://github.com/mcgrof/compat-drivers.git
compat-drivers-v3.7.9-1

  This was manually created loosely following the steps documented at:

  http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download/hacking#Generating_stable_releases

  Manual creation was done because the compat-wireless archive
  (http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-3-stable) did not
  appear to have a final v3.7 based tarball.

  I've also provided a branch to update the meta package:

    git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ogasawara/ubuntu-precise-meta.git lp1165084

  == Impact ==
  LBM is an elective install so there shouldn't be any potential for
regression. For those who do choose to install, it will provide an updated
compat wireless stack.