I did run an update of only one file and I did install another
application. Rebooting and reverting back to the last snapshot did work
as expected. The application has been removed and I could rerun the
update again.

According to the Internet the next commands would stop all autozsys snapshots

systemctl --user stop zsys-user-savestate.timer
systemctl --user disable zsys-user-savestate.timer
sudo mv /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90_zsys_system_autosnapshot /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
/90_zsys_system_autosnapshot_disabled

but I still have collected a lot of autozsys snapshots, see next list

rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_9ykbc6@211015-proposed                   2.08M      -
    177M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_9ykbc6@autozsys_h1yy2t                     92K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_9ykbc6@211017-proposed                     84K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_g64ltk@autozsys_6g35l0                    456K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_g64ltk@autozsys_501rmb                    520K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_g64ltk@autozsys_jr1n7t                    488K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_g64ltk@autozsys_m29pbs                    480K      -
    176M  -
rpool/USERDATA/bertadmin_g64ltk@autozsys_4h79sx                    356K      -
    175M  -
rpool/USERDATA/root_9ykbc6@211015-proposed                          72K      -
    812K  -
rpool/USERDATA/root_9ykbc6@211017-proposed                           0B      -
    812K  -

Did I make an error or should I produce another bug-report?

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  zfs fails reverting to a previous snapshot on reboot when selected on
  grub

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in zfs-linux source package in Impish:

   * zfs fails reverting to a previous snapshot on reboot when selected
  on grub

   * A miss-merge dropped initramfs hook changes, which result in
  failing to generate and use a new zfs uid.

   * Thus revert code to how it was before in
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zfs-linux/2.0.2-1ubuntu3

  [Test Plan]

   * Create snapshot with $ zsysctl save test-sru --system

   * Reboot and attempt to boot into test-sru snapshot

  [Where problems could occur]

   * The change is to initramfs hook only, thus initrd generation and
  boot paths are affected. Only latest initrd is rebuilt, rather than
  old ones, meaning booting initrds of older kernel abis will not be
  resolved.

  [Other Info]

   * Original bug report

  After creating a snapshot with: zsysctl save 211012-linux13-19 -s
  the reboot fails as shown on the screenshot, the other screenshot shows the
result of the snapshot.

  Package: zsys 0.5.8
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu70
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Tue Oct 12 19:11:43 2021
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 21.10 "Impish Indri" - Release amd64 (20211012)
  Mounts: Error: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links: '/proc/mounts'
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/BOOT/ubuntu_zgtuq6@/vmlinuz-5.13.0-19-generic
root=ZFS=rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_zgtuq6 ro quiet splash
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   zfs-initramfs  2.0.6-1ubuntu2
   zfsutils-linux 2.0.6-1ubuntu2
  SourcePackage: zsys
  SystemdFailedUnits:

  ZFSImportedPools:
   NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH
 ALTROOT
   bpool   768M  79.2M   689M        -         -     0%    10%  1.00x    ONLINE
 -
   rpool    14G  3.33G  10.7G        -         -     1%    23%  1.00x    ONLINE
 -
  ZFSListcache-bpool:
   bpool        /boot   off     on      on      off     on      off     on
off     -       none    -       -       -       -       -       -       -
-
   bpool/BOOT   none    off     on      on      off     on      off     on
off     -       none    -       -       -       -       -       -       -
-
   bpool/BOOT/ubuntu_zgtuq6     /boot   on      on      on      off     on
off     on      off     -       none    -       -       -       -       -
  ZSYSJournal:
   -- Journal begins at Tue 2021-10-12 18:10:37 AST, ends at Tue 2021-10-12
19:11:52 AST. --
   -- No entries --
  modified.conffile..etc.apt.apt.conf.d.90_zsys_system_autosnapshot: [deleted]