** Tags added: 5.13 hinted linux-kvm sru-20211018 ubuntu-ltp ubuntu-ltp-
controllers

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  ubuntu_ltp_controllers tests failing on Impish

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:

  Almost half of the ubuntu_ltp_controllers tests are failing due to the
  general pattern 'cgroup_name already mounted or mount point busy'
  causing the tests to fail.

  e.g.
  mount: /dev/cgroup: ltp_cgroup already mounted or mount point busy.
  cgroup_fj_function2_memory 1 TBROK: mount -t cgroup -o memory ltp_cgroup
/dev/cgroup failed

  From investigation it seems there's an issue with the transition to
  cgroup-v2, which on the ltp mailing list has been rumored that one of
  these days the tests would break. Its likely this was caused by a
  systemd update, switching to cgroup-v2 causing these tests to break
  due to different mount and cgroup hierarchy semantics.

  After setting systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 on the kernel command
  line which sets cgroup back to v1, we get the expected failures that
  we saw in previous cycles, pointing to this not being a kernel
  regression.