I had a poke at this, and although the cet-backport.diff file is present
in the source package, it is not actually applied and hasn't been since
some time in Groovy's development cycle afaict. This makes sense because
also afaict, this all went upstream in glibc 2.32, which was the version
in groovy.

So is what's needed a backport of this to focal? cet-backport.diff
applies cleanly to the package I am preparing for upload to focal, so
from that side of things it's all OK. We need a nice explicit glibc SRU
bug clearly asking for this, complete with test case before that can
happen though. I don't feel like I would be the best person to file this
bug! (to put it mildly).

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-intel in Ubuntu.

  [TGL][ADL] Enable CET(Control-flow Enforcement Technology)

Status in intel:
  New
Status in intel lookout-canyon series:
  New
Status in linux-intel package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux-intel source package in Focal:

  Description
  Enable Tiger Lake ROP CET(Control-flow Enforcement Technology)
  An upcoming IntelĀ® processor family feature that counters
return/jump-oriented programming (ROP) attacks

  Hardware: Tiger Lake & Alder Lake

  Target Release: 21.04
  Target Kernel: TBD

  External links: