Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to makedumpfile in Ubuntu.

  makedumpfile in focal misses patch for 5.11 kernel support

Status in makedumpfile package in Ubuntu:

  While using the makedumpfile package on Ubuntu Focal with the v5.11
  Ubuntu AWS kernel, I noticed that I couldn't open and analyze any of
  the generated crash dumps.

  Researching into this I found the problem to be that the makedumpfile
  package for focal is missing this commit:

https://github.com/makedumpfile/makedumpfile/commit/54aec3878b3f91341e6bc735eda158cca5c54ec9

  Could we by any chance include this commit for focal?

  Look like you've already patched focal's makedumpfile for other
  similar patches that are required for the v5.10 Ubuntu kernels.