Public bug reported:

Installing zfs-dkms seems to trigger a soft lockup issue as soon as
zfs.ko is loaded. When the soft lockup happens the system isn't
reachable anymore via ssh and on the console we can see some exlicit rcu
stall warnings.

** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Also affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu Jammy)

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  jammy 5.15 soft lockup when zfs.ko is loaded on s390x

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in zfs-linux source package in Jammy: