- Not working on UX582lr (although very similar to UX581l.
- Install seems going well.
- « LOG=DEBUG sudo -E ./asus_touchpad.py » keeps hanging with blinking cursor
and no output.
Very willing to help, if instructed to do any test. Thank you for writing the
package.
Marcel.

Ubuntu Studio 21.04 up to date (Linux ux582lr 5.11.0-41-lowlatency
#45-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 5 13:55:43 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
GNU/Linux)

sudo i2cdetect -l
i2c-3   i2c             Synopsys DesignWare I2C adapter         I2C adapter
i2c-10  i2c             AUX B/DDI B/PHY B                       I2C adapter
i2c-1   i2c             Synopsys DesignWare I2C adapter         I2C adapter
i2c-8   i2c             i915 gmbus dpd                          I2C adapter
i2c-6   i2c             i915 gmbus dpc                          I2C adapter
i2c-4   i2c             Synopsys DesignWare I2C adapter         I2C adapter
i2c-11  i2c             AUX C/DDI C/PHY C                       I2C adapter
i2c-2   i2c             Synopsys DesignWare I2C adapter         I2C adapter
i2c-0   smbus           SMBus I801 adapter at efa0              SMBus adapter
i2c-9   i2c             AUX A/DDI A/PHY A                       I2C adapter
i2c-7   i2c             i915 gmbus misc                         I2C adapter
i2c-5   i2c             i915 gmbus dpb                          I2C adapter
i2c-12  i2c             AUX D/DDI D/PHY D                       I2C adapter

~/asus-touchpad-numpad-driver$ sudo ./install.sh
apt is here
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
git is already the newest version (1:2.30.2-1ubuntu1).
libevdev2 is already the newest version (1.11.0+dfsg-1build1).
i2c-tools is already the newest version (4.2-1build1).
python3-libevdev is already the newest version (0.5-3).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
Testing interface i2c-3 : failed
Testing interface i2c-1 : failed
Testing interface i2c-4 : failed
Testing interface i2c-2 : sucess

Select models keypad layout:
1) gx701.py
2) m433ia.py
3) ux433fa.py
4) ux581l.py
5) Quit
Please enter your choice 4

What is your keyboard layout?
1) Qwerty
2) Azerty
3) Quit
Please enter your choice [1-3]: 1
Add asus touchpad service in /etc/systemd/system/
Asus touchpad service enabled
Asus touchpad service started

  numpad on touchpad doesn't work in ASUS Zenbook 14

Status in Linux:

  I have Asus Zenbook 14 UX433FA which I have installed Ubuntu 18.10 alongside
windows 10.
  The numeric keypads are within the touchpad and are supposed to be turned on
by a button on the touchpad. This works well in Windows but doesn't work in
Ubuntu.
  I have tried to search for any related problems/solutions online but I
haven't been able to.
  I will appreciate any suggestion or help.
  Thanks,
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  Package: linux (not installed)
  Tags:  cosmic
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  ---