No response, so closing. Please open a new bug if the problems still
persists.

** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  iwlwifi crashes when getting image from IPWebcam

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  I am getting "Microcode SW error detected.  Restarting 0x82000000."
  dmesg after making http/https request to a particular web server.

  I have Lenovo Yoga 370, Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS, after fresh apt-get update and
upgrade.
  I normally (heavily) use wifi for all the possible things.

  One single particular Android app which allows to use cell phone
  cameras as webcams via http or https causes iwlwifi to crash. Fully
  reproducible.

  To reproduce:
  1. Download to your android cell phone:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=en&gl=US
  2. Connect both the computer and the cell phone to the same wifi.
  3. Get the auto-focussed image from the cell phone by requesting:
http://192.168.0.103:8080/photoaf.jpg (replace the IP with the IP of your cell
phone)
  4. (You *will* get the image correctly downloaded.)
  5. Observe "No networks available notification", see dmesg (attached).

  Following this tip:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=1641176&sid=a97b63d2196745139e281ff7a3b40dc2#p1641176
  I saw that 16.04 only had 3 versions:
    ls /lib/firmware/ | grep 9260
  iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
  iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
  iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode

  So I tried manually downloading the driver and adding it there:
    sudo mv iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode /lib/firmware/

  I do not know if it got activated at all.

  In any case, the crash persists even after the restart.