Patch request submitted:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2022-March/thread.html#128697
Updating status to 'In Progress'.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-z-systems

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Canonical Kernel Team (canonical-kernel-team)

** Information type changed from Private to Public

  [22.04 FEAT] smc: Add User-defined EID (Enterprise ID) Support -
  kernel

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:
  In Progress
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Add a tool, tentatively titled smc_eid, to display and set EIDs. Should
indicate SEIDs as such.
  Notes:
  * EIDs are uppercase only - we should silently convert to all uppercase
  * Check latest SLD for valid special characters.
  * Make sure only authorized users are allowed to modify EIDs - reading is OK
for everybody, but writing requires authorization.
  * SEIDs can be disabled, but (obviously) not set.
  * EID config must be available on module load.
  * zOS sets the UEIDs globally, i.e. not separate SMC-D and SMC-R.

  Business Case: Required for users that need to strictly
  separate/prevent certain OS images from utilizing ISM devices for
  communication (Security). Furthermore, z/OS disables SEID per default,
  and will likely have users utilize fine-grained EIDs. Hence we need to
  be able to support UEIDs for compatibility.

  This feature is for the kernel part.