A similar patch that solves the same issue was actually merged for 5.18
[1].

I encountered this bug with our current u-boot (2022.01+dfsg-2ubuntu1)
and linux kernel (5.15.0-1004.4): I applied the patch in [1] on top of
5.15.0-1004.4 successfully and it solved the problem. So as you already
tagged it, this should be cherry-picked for 22.04. A similar patch for
u-boot exists, I'll report a new bug there.

Thanks

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-
riscv/patch/20220318152430.526320-1-ben.do...@codethink.co.uk/

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-riscv in Ubuntu.

  Fix unmatched ASMedia ASM2824 PCIe link training

Status in linux-riscv package in Ubuntu:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/alpine.deb.2.21.2202010240190.58...@angie.orcam.me.uk/raw

  It has been discovered that Unmatched board ships ASMedia ASM2824 PCIe
  which frequently fails to complete link training and negotiate stable
  and fast speeds.

  To ensure PCIe devices on Unmatched board can operate with stable and
  predictable link speeds cherry-pick upstream submitted patch that
  resolves the issue.

  It is currently applied as a SAUCE patch, whilst the upstream
  inclusion review is ongoing.