Fixed in 5.4.0-107

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Linux 5.4.0-105 breaks Bluetooth and makes system too slow to use

  Currently running this kernel which is working fine:

  Linux 5.4.0-104-generic #118-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 2 19:02:41 UTC 2022
  x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Immediately after installing the latest kernel update to Linux
  5.4.0-105 and rebooting, the following error is printed endlessly to
  console multiple times per second by Bluetooth hci:

      Malicious advertising data. Stopping processing

  I don't have the exact log because my system was unusable beyond
  reading the console and I had to force reboot, but that was definitely
  the message that was printed.

  I have no Bluetooth devices powered on when booting (just my laptop's
  adapter I guess).

  The system is also too slow to do anything, I have to force reboot.

  Reverted to kernel 5.4.0-104 and problems are gone.

  See the lspci-vnvn.log but keep in mind that I generated it on the
  working 5.4.0-104 kernel, as it was impossible to do anything on
  5.4.0-105.