Confirmed on Linx 1010b on LinuxMint 20.3

Added options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=2 to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
reboot into 5.13
spd-say "Talking too slowly"
shut down
go to bios and save
reboot into 5.13
spd-say "That'll do nicely"

Works in 5.14, plus it seems to still be good in 5.11.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta-hwe-5.13 in Ubuntu.

  bytcr_rt5640 sound not working with kernel >= 5.13

Status in linux-meta-hwe-5.13 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux-meta-hwe-5.15 package in Ubuntu:

  Using the built in speakers on a Linx 1010b. The 5.11 kernel works
  fine, but 5.13 and 5.14 fail.

  The card, when working is seen in alsa-info as bytcrrt5640,bytcr-
  rt5640, whereas in the later (hwe-20.04-edge, oem-20.04d) kernels
  where it fails, it is seen as "rt5640,sof-bytcht rt5640"

  When failing, speaker-test, spd-say, and most other sound sources seem
  to get 'sunk', and the level meter on the pulse mixer shows activity.
  FWIW "espeak-ng hello" blocks on the broken setup.

  I confess I'm not actually using the linux-meta-hwe-5.13 as it is
  unavailable in LinuxMint. I am using linux-generic-hwe-20.04-edge,
  which AFAICT pulls in the same kernels. apt policy pointed me to
  report here.