** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: ubuntu-mate

  LightDM login display corrupted in 22.04 Beta

  This problem appeared on an older machine I am using to test 22.04 Beta:
  Biostar MCP6P-M2+ mainboard with AMD Sempron 3400+ CPU and nVidia 7200 GS
graphic card, using either VGA or DVI connection to a NEC 1920x1200 LED
monitor. If I remember correctly, it occurred after installing all of the
updates that were available on April 4.

  On boot the LightDM login screen is shredded by horizontal lines
  (photo attached) but when I enter my password the uncorrupted login
  screen briefly appears and my user session opens properly. I installed
  gdm3 and using that display manager the login screen appears normally.
  In all cases the monitor reports 1920x1200, 74.0 kHz horizontal, 59.8
  Hz vertical on the VGA connection.

  If I use a 1280x1024 LCD monitor there is no problem with the LightDM
  login screen.