** No longer affects: ubuntu-mate

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  iMac 9,1 Broadcom wifi firmware

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  I'm not sure of the firmware policy, so I can add more detail or close it
depending on the answer.

  In short, I installed 20.04 on an old repurposed iMac with Broadcom
  4322 wifi.  Everything went well, but no network access.  Dmesg said
  "firmware not found."

  I went thru a hell of a time to figure out what to do, find the
  firmware on another computer, and sneaker-net it over.

  Not sure if this is a common enough occurrence to put it on the
  install disc like the nvidia stuff, thought I'd ask.