Due to lack of hardware, we are unable to verify a backport of this fix,
so I'll go ahead and mark this bug "Won't Fix". If you are impacted by
this and are able to perform the necessary performance testing to verify
a backport, please reopen and we can move forward.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Impish)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Hirsute)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Jammy)
     Assignee: dann frazier (dannf) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Impish)
     Assignee: dann frazier (dannf) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Hirsute)
     Assignee: dann frazier (dannf) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Focal)
     Assignee: dann frazier (dannf) => (unassigned)

  net: ethernet: microchip: lan743x: Increase rx ring size to improve rx
  performance

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Impish:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Won't Fix

  rx performance is sub-optimal with EVB-LAN7430 NICs.

  [Test Case]
  Use iperf3 to submit TCP or UDP traffic to a host w/ a EVB-LAN7430 NIC.

  [Fix]
  Cherry-pick the following upstream commit:

  a1f1627540cde net: ethernet: microchip: lan743x: Increase rx ring size
  to improve rx performance

  [What could go wrong]
  The patch will slightly increase memory usage, which could possibly add
memory pressure to memory-restricted systems.