Thankyou for doing this so quickly - let me see if I can get one of the
customers setup to work with this kernel.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-aws in Ubuntu.

  No sound support on Linux AWS kernel (but supported on GCP)

Status in linux-aws package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-aws source package in Jammy:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  In GCP images it is possible to create virtual MIDI devices and
  generally do stuff like audio routing, etc.

  At CircleCI, where we run many of our VMs on Ubuntu in GCP, several of
  our customers use this functionality to test audio equipment in their
  CI runs.

  Unfortunately they cannot run their tests on our AWS based VMs, as
  there is no sound support compiled into the kernel on the AWS kernel
  and images.

  See the package listings for the other kernels for, e.g. the loopback driver:
  ```
  linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-99-generic:
/lib/modules/5.4.0-99-generic/kernel/sound/drivers/snd-aloop.ko
  linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-1031-oracle:
/lib/modules/5.8.0-1031-oracle/kernel/sound/drivers/snd-aloop.ko
  linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-1032-gcp:
/lib/modules/5.8.0-1032-gcp/kernel/sound/drivers/snd-aloop.ko
  ```

  We would love to be able to install the sound drivers (especially snd-
  aloop) with the linux-modules-extra-aws package, but currently cannot,
  and obviously do not want to start running our own kernels, as then we
  lose the immediacy of kernel patches provided upstream by Canonical.

  You can see the difference in the GCP:

https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-gcp/+git/jammy/tree/debian.gcp/config/config.common.ubuntu#n6884

  and AWS kernel:

https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-aws/+git/jammy/tree/debian.aws/config/config.common.ubuntu

  again there. The reasoning for the removal appears to be in this commit from
2016:

https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux-aws/+git/jammy/commit/debian.aws/config/config.common.ubuntu?id=b5e310c4cc872c3fc7c7dd09ce67efb11eeaf07c