Re #10 and #11, it gave me a chuckle! :)  But actually there's something
serious here as well.  Not just that the wiki would seem to be not quite
right, but also that some well-understood convention is needed, for use
when one person justifiably assigns a bug to another.

Indeed, even assigning a bug to oneself needs looking at.  A while ago,
a bug I'm interested in, which had no assignee, a guy assigned to
himself.  Of course I was pleased, hope of light at the end of the
tunnel!  A month went by.  And then it was assigned back to nobody.  In
fact, this guy, who had no track record, had assigned himself on 3 other
bugs, same story.

So more than a month was wasted, when someone productive could have
stepped forward.

PS: Great to see this Pentium-M stuff getting some love at last.  I know
that many devs with screaming fast i7 kit think it's a non-issue, too
old to worry about, affects a tiny minority.  But I've encountered a
number of people tempted to dip their toe in the water, try out Linux
for the first time and run away at the first hint of trouble, due to
Pentium-M on old Thinkpads.  They're certainly not signing up to
Launchpad to be counted.  I've even seen where a mag has published a
book about Ubuntu and put a 64-bit CD on the cover -- the punter had no
idea why it didn't work, same outcome, disgust and back to the arms of
Redmond.

  do-release-upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 on Pentium-M fails, breaks system
  without any warning (This kernel does not support a non-PAE CPU)

Status in Ubuntu Release Upgrader:
  New
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “ubuntu-release-upgrader” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Attempting to upgrade from Precise with a non-PAE kernel will result
  in a failed upgrade. do-release-upgrade should check whether the user
  is using a non-PAE kernel and refuse to run, rather than upgrading to
  a broken system with no installed kernel.

  After downloading 1.5GB+ of data and over 1000 new packages, the
  upgrade will eventually report failure. Looking through the logs there
  is no kernel installed because of the error "This kernel does not
  support a non-PAE CPU.":

  Selecting previously unselected package linux-image-3.5.0-26-generic.^M
  Unpacking linux-image-3.5.0-26-generic (from
.../linux-image-3.5.0-26-generic_3.5.0-26.42_i386.deb) ...^M
  This kernel does not support a non-PAE CPU.^M
  dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-3.5.0-26-generic_3.5.0-26.42_i386.deb
(--unpack):^M
   subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1^M
  No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already

  Related bugs:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/897786 Kernel is
dropping non-PAE flavour
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1068862 upgrade from
12.04 to 12.10 on a sans-pae CPU leaves kernel broken