** Description changed:

  [Impact]
-
+ During suspend and resume, system would hang.

  [Fix]
-
+ The impact of this regression is the same for resume that I saw on
+ thaw: the kernel hangs and nothing except SysRq rebooting can be done.
+
+ Fixes regression in commit cbe6c3a8f8f4 ("net: atlantic: invert deep
+ par in pm functions, preventing null derefs"), where I disabled deep
+ pm resets in suspend and resume, trying to make sense of the
+ atl_resume_common() deep parameter in the first place.
+
+ It turns out, that atlantic always has to deep reset on pm
+ operations. Even though I expected that and tested resume, I screwed
+ up by kexec-rebooting into an unpatched kernel, thus missing the
+     breakage.
+
+ This fixup obsoletes the deep parameter of atl_resume_common, but I
+ leave the cleanup for the maintainers to post to mainline.
+
+ Suspend and hibernation were successfully tested by the reporters.

  [Test Case]
  1. Suspend the machine
  2. wake up the machine and check if system could work.

  [Where problems could occur]
  Low

** Tags added: oem-priority originate-from-1977682 somerville

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.14 in Ubuntu.

  Fix system hang during suspend and resume with atlantic nic

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux-oem-5.14 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-oem-5.14 source package in Focal:
  In Progress