** Tags removed: impish
** Tags added: jammy

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

  Microphone not working after suspend

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I have Logitech BRIO 4k Pro webcam connected via its USB cable to Asus
  Vivobook Pro 16X OLED M7600QE-L2014X (90NB0V71-M02190) laptop.

  On Ubuntu 21.10 after suspend (`systemctl suspend`) webcam's
  microphone stops working (device is still there, but audio level is at
  zero all the time).

  To make it work again I need to do 2 things (just one is not sufficient):
  1) Disconnect and connect webcam again to the laptop
  2) Restart pulseaudio with `pulseaudio --kill; pulseaudio --start`

  Not sure whose fault it is, likely kernel driver, but the fact that
pulseaudio needs to be restarted is concerning as well. Reproducible 100% for
me.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu71
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: Custom
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 21.10
  Package: pulseaudio 1:15.0+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  impish
  Uname: Linux 5.16.11-xanmod1 x86_64
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UserGroups: adm audio cdrom dialout dip docker libvirt lpadmin plugdev
sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True