Hello Alessandro,

Please create a separate issue for UX582ZM. For UX534 the Realtek team
pushed their own changes, regardless of what we recovered from the dump.
Maybe the Realtek and Ubuntu teams will help again if the UX582ZM issue
gains the same interest as UX534 gained at a time.

If you want to continue reversing the verbs - you need to make several
changes to the QEMU VM:
1) change the default BIOS to “UEFI secboot.fd” -> satisfies the Secure
Boot requirement of Windows 11;
2) use an emulated TPM device -> satisfies the TPM requirement;
3) allocate more than 4 GiB of RAM.

There are several tutorials on running Windows 11 in QEMU. At least one of
them should be working. One example:
https://serverfault.com/questions/1096400/qemu-win11-this-pc-cant-run-windows-11
.

As an alternative - it is also possible to upgrade from Windows 10 to
Windows 11 by disabling the TPM and Secure Boot requirements in the
registry editor. Example tutorial:
https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-11-without-tpm-20-and-why-you-shouldnt
.

I wish you luck.

нд, 17 лип. 2022 р. о 23:55 Alessandro Fadini <1850...@bugs.launchpad.net>
пише:

> Hello everyone,
> I am having a similar problem on a (recent) Asus Zenbook UX582ZM.
> For the previous model, UX582XR, (same body, but had Tiger Lake instead of
> Alder Lake), this fix at #172 worked:
>
> hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x20 0x500 0xf
> hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x20 0x400 0x7774
> hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x20 0x500 0x45
> hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x20 0x400 0x5289
>
> However these verbs are not working on mine. It's an ALC 294, with 4
> speakers not working because of verbs issue (plugging headphones work).
> I tried to sniff the verbs using qemu, windows 10 and iommu/vfio. I was
> unsuccesful, because the drivers provided by asus only work with win 11,
> which I cannot run on qemu - so I couldn't get the sound to work on my
> qemu-win10 VM.
>
> Is there a you might ask help with RealTek, or could you provide other
> hda-verbs I can try Hans De Goede (j-w-r-degoede)?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1850439
>
> Title:
>   No sound on ASUS UX534FT
>
> Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
>   Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
>   Hi,
>
>   after instal Ubuntu in dual boot alongside Windows 10, I've realised
>   there is no sound coming out of mine new ASUS Zenbook 15 UX534FT-
>   AA024R in Ubuntu. In Windows there is no problem. Found this topic
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1810214 which had
>   the same problem with driver for Realtek ALC294 which is also mine
>   sound card. But even with this fix it is not working on UX534FT. Can
>   you please add fix also for this newer model?

>   Release:      18.04
>
>   ProblemType: Bug
>   DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
>   Package: linux-image-5.0.0-32-generic 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2
>   ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2-generic 5.0.21
>   Uname: Linux 5.0.0-32-generic x86_64
>   ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.7
>   Architecture: amd64
>   CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
>   Date: Tue Oct 29 15:11:25 2019
>   InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-10-29 (0 days ago)
>   InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
> (20190805)
>   SourcePackage: linux-signed-hwe
>   UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> --
С уважением,
Сергей Костюк

  No sound on ASUS UX534FT