** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Emil Renner Berthing (esmil)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  No RISC-V configuration in the unstable tree

   * We would like to eventually build and test the unstable and generic
     kernels on the riscv64 architecture. Fixing this is a step towards
     that.

   * Having the riscv64 configuration alongside the other architectures
     should ensure it doesn't drift away from the generic configuration
     over time.

   * This allows us to do backports more easily.

  [Test Plan]

   * After merging riscv64 the generated configuration for other
     architectures should not change.

   * The generated riscv64 configuration should be as close as possible to
     the current linux-riscv configuration. Right now unstable is based on
     5.19 while the riscv kernel is based on 5.18, so it can't be identical.

  [Where problems could occur]

   * Adding the riscv64 annotations may subtly change annotations from other
     architectures.

   * Adding the riscv64 configuration and annotations might confuse tooling
     scripts that are not prepared to handle the new architecture.

  [Other Info]

   * In the near future we'd also like to base the StarFive and Allwinner
     (Nezha) kernels on the same series that will become the generic kinetic
     kernel.