apport information

** Attachment added: "Lsusb-t.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1982965/+attachment/5605607/+files/Lsusb-t.txt

  Random crashes related to CPU virtualization - have a sure way to
  replicate the crashes

  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics
  Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M D3H
  BIOS version: F14 then F15c, both exhibited the same behaviors. F15c seems to
be a little more resilient to the crashes, meaning the execution of glmark2
lasts a little longer before crashes.

  OS: Linux Mint 20.3 / with a number of Ubuntu kernels from 5.11, 5.13,
  and 5.15

  Due to the CPU and motherboard, have to use non-packaged kernels for
  both graphics and network interface to work.

  Once the CPU virtualization is turned-on, system starts to crash
  randomly. For Gigabyte motherboard CPU virtualization is called SVM
  mode. All crashes occurred under CPU SVM mode is enabled.

  Crashes means, I just received black screen, no keyboard or mouse
  response. Had to power cycle the computer to resume operations. Tried
  to store the syslog for each boot ended in crash.

  At beginning, I tried to sync the file system at rebooting the
  computer, but the computer boots up without syncing the file system as
  well.

  After almost three months of bad experiences, tried to upgrade kernel
  from 5.11 to 5.15, none of them helped. The packaged kernel 5.4
  doesn't have proper drivers for both the graphics and network
  interfaces.

  Methods of replicating the crashes:

  1. Turn on the SVM mode in BIOS.
  2. Execute glmark2 to benchmark the graphic card performance.
  3. System crashes before the benchmark test is done.

  To me the syslogs doesn't show any meaningful info for the crashes.
  The following link gives some of the syslog gathered in the painful
  experiences especially those crashes shortly after reboot.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cYbQPdfPSC_6A879xBWRs1jIY7R5ylMU?usp=sharing

  The Key Finding:

  Once the SVM mode on the motherboard is turned off (disabled), I no
  longer experience the same kind of random crashes, and glmark2 can
  finish without any issues. All versions of kernel 5.11 to 5.15 work
  stably as expected.

  That's all I can report here. If you need any further information.
  Please feel free to let me know.

  Thanks for your attentions.