Hi,

Should I submit new bug for Jammy? I don't see this release in this bug,
but it should be fixed there too.

Kinga Tanska

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-hwe-5.13 in Ubuntu.

  [VROC] Kernel does not contain fixes for iostat for md devices

Status in linux-hwe-5.13 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Invalid
Status in linux-hwe-5.13 source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Impish:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-hwe-5.13 source package in Impish:

  Hello,

  I noticed that kernel which was used in ubuntu 22.04 (hwe-5.13) does
  not contain fixes for IO statistics for md devices. IO statistics for
  md devices were added to kernel 5.10

(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=41d2d848e5c09209bdb57ff9c0ca34075e22783d)
  but then bug for double fault was reported and this patch was reverted
  by Guoqing Jiang

(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=ad3fc798800fb7ca04c1dfc439dba946818048d8).

  Guoqing Jiang added series of patches which fixes problem and adds IO stats
for md devices on top on the revert patch:
  - first commit from series: 10764815ff4728d2c57da677cd5d3dd6f446cf5f
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=10764815ff4728d2c57da677cd5d3dd6f446cf5f)
  - last one: de3ea66e9d23a34eef5e17f960d6473f78a1c54b
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=de3ea66e9d23a34eef5e17f960d6473f78a1c54b)

  I checked that kernel used in ubuntu 22.04 contains only patch with revert -
iostat does not report for md devices
(https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-focal.git/log/?h=hwe-5.13&qt=author&q=Guoqing+Jiang)
  Please consider adding series of patches described above.

  Regards,
  Kinga Tanska